Model DST-4 Dustless Street Sweepers
The TYMCO Model DST-4, mid-sized, DUSTLESS sweeper utilizes the same state-of-the-art technology as TYMCO’s proven DST-6. The DST-4 removes dirt, dust and debris from the sweeping surface, and cleans the exhausted air to 99.999% of 0.5 micron size particles, far exceeding PM10 requirements. TYMCO’s patented filtration system enables the DST-4 to be equally efficient in wet or dry conditions, so you don’t have to avoid puddles and leave debris behind.
Our DST System when coupled with our Regenerative Air System produces the most technologically advanced street sweeper available today. Both our DST-4 and DST-6 set the performance standards for particulate matter removal in the U.S. and Canada. Mounted on a highly maneuverable cabover “standard truck chassis,” the DST-4 can travel to the job site at legal speed limits and then perform the dustless cleaning required in industrial and municipal applications. The DST-4’s low profile allows the sweeper to clean in those hard to reach areas. The DUSTLESS features are engineered to allow the sweeper to perform in all types of weather conditions with no operator adjustments required.
Regenerative Air System
The TYMCO Model DST-4 is the industry’s first mid-sized chassis mounted dustless sweeper that is designed with a true Regenerative Air System. True Regenerative Air uses an independent centrifugal dust separator to clean the air before it passes to the blower fan; coupled with a controlled jet of air directed through a blast orifice to dislodge debris from the paved surface. The concentrated high velocity air is blasted into cracks and crevices removing dust particulates as well as larger debris. All debris removed from the sweeping surface is directed up the heavy-duty hose into the hopper.
The TYMCO Model DST-4 is the only mid-sized dustless sweeper with a patented independent centrifugal dust separator that continuously cleans the air in the closed loop air system thus keeping the fines and dust inside the hopper. True Regenerative Air means a TYMCO never exhaust polluted air into the atmosphere like other air and vacuum sweepers which are designed to continuously exhaust air. In the patented DST system a small amount of air is diverted from the Regenerative Air System to achieve the dustless effect. The DST system separates out the ultra-fines using a combination pre-cleaner and cartridge filters that clean the diverted air to 0.5 micron. Once captured, these ultra-fines are completely contained in the DST system until sweeper cleanup so you can meet established regulatory disposal requirements for PM10 and PM2.5 debris.
The TYMCO Model DST-4 supports environmental sustainability programs through the removal of fine particulates and debris from the air and water by cleaning the paved areas of cities and industrial plants, our true Regenerative Air System combined with our patented DST system is the ultimate in cleaning efficiency.
Operator Friendly Design
- Dustless operation is completely controlled from inside the cab by flipping a switch.
- TYMCO’s operator-friendly control console utilizes lighted paddle type switches for easier visibility during night sweeping. From within the cab, the operator can control the pick-up head, gutter broom, all safety lights and the dustless operation. The panel also includes tachometer, volt meter and hour meter for the auxiliary engine.
- TYMCO’s innovative gutter broom provides excellent performance by automatically applying as much pressure as needed to “dig” debris out of curb lines and spreading it evenly in front of the pick-up head. If the broom encounters an immovable object, it will automatically stall and lift up to avoid potential damage.
- While sweeping, if the operator approaches bulky debris that cannot be swept, the dump door will open first before the hopper lifts up to allow easy disposal of bulky materials.
- The TYMCO Model DST-4 is designed for less maintenance. This allows the machine to be sweeping, not in the shop for extensive maintenance required by other sweepers. The Model DST-4 is built with fewer moving parts, which means less downtime, more sweep time and longer life.
- The DST-4 filtering system is washable with a standard garden hose.
- The DST-4 is chassis mounted with easy access to all components.
- The TYMCO Engineering department designs product improvements with emphasis on easy to install retrofit kits for our existing Model DST-4 customers.
- The ability to service the auxiliary engine from ground level reduces maintenance time.
- Only three grease points on sweeper unit greatly reduces maintenance service and downtime.
- The ability to service the auxiliary engine and hydraulics without raising the hopper.
- The Model DST-4 heavy duty Pick-Up Head is designed to work effortlessly with the TYMCO Regenerative Air System to pick up a wide variety of debris from leaves and trash to heavy dirt, sand, rocks and most importantly, ultra-fine particles .
- More productivity with less moving parts: the Model DST-4 will be on the job, NOT in the shop, thus maintaining sweeping schedules.
- Efficient Blower Design – Aluminum alloy blower with natural rubber coating and balanced for maximum wearability. This design saves fuel, wear and tear.
- TYMCO Regenerative Air Cleaned Streets are cleaner. Concentrated air velocity forced into cracks and crevices cleans up the dust particulates as well as the larger debris.
- The TYMCO pick-up head cleans wider paths than mechanical broom or vacuum sweepers.
- AQMD Rule 1186 certified PM10 efficient
- ETV Canada verified, tested by PAMI (Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute)
- Protects natural resources – TYMCO’s efficient Regenerative Air Design requires less water to control dust, thus saving thousands of gallons of city water.
If you are in Iowa or Nebraska, call your Friends at Mid-Iowa to arrange a Demonstration today and let us show you what a Tymco Regenerative Air Sweeper can do for you ! 1-800-733-8731 or contact us at email@example.com