Model HSP Airport Runway Sweeper
Engineered specifically for superior control of Foreign Object Debris (FOD), TYMCO’s Model HSP® (High Speed Performance) Airport Runway Sweeper puts the power of a 250 mph controlled jet of air in your operators’ hands. Without the cost and upkeep of main brooms, elevators or vacuums, the Model HSP blasts into crevices for unsurpassed cleaning of even the smallest FOD while prying up the heaviest debris, all at a speed today’s busy airports demand.
Because the Model HSP was designed around the TYMCO Regenerative Air System, it sweeps without the use of a main broom which can become entangled with tie downs and grounding straps commonly used on airfields. In test after test, the Model HSP Airport Runway Sweeper consistently picks up 100% at 15 mph and can sweep up to 25 mph for faster cleanups. The Model HSP is the most economical airport runway sweeper to operate, bar none.
Regenerative Air System
True Regenerative Air. The TYMCO Model HSP® (High Speed Performance) is the only airport runway sweeper on the market that is designed with a true Regenerative Air System. True Regenerative Air uses a high-efficiency multipass, cylindrical, centrifugal dust separator to clean the air before it passes to the blower coupled with a controlled jet of air directed through a blast orifice to dislodge debris from the paved surface. The concentrated high velocity air is blasted into cracks and crevices removing all different sizes of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) from the fine dust particulates to larger debris such as trash, rocks, nuts, bolts and other hardware. All debris removed from the airport runway is directed up the heavy duty suction hose into the Model HSP’s large hopper.
Centrifugal Dust Separation. The Model HSP is also the only airport runway sweeper with a high-efficiency multipass, cylindrical, centrifugal dust separator that continuously cleans the air in the closed loop air system thus keeping the dust and fines inside the hopper without additional filters or baffles to clean or replace. True Regenerative Air means a TYMCO never exhausts polluted air into the atmosphere like other air and vacuum sweepers which are designed to continuously exhaust air.
- Operator Friendly Controls. The Model HSP control console utilizes lighted paddle switches for easier visibility when sweeping airport runways at night. From within the cab, the operator can control the auxiliary engine throttle, pick-up head, gutter broom(s), dust control water system, all warning lights and the pressure bleeder. The control console also includes a tachometer, oil pressure gauge, coolant temperature gauge, volt meter, hour meter and automatic shut down system for the auxiliary engine.
- Smart Gutter Broom. The Model HSP innovative gutter broom provides excellent performance by automatically applying as much pressure as needed to “dig” debris from around equipment stored on airport ramps or aprons. If the gutter broom encounters an immovable object, it will automatically retract to avoid potential damage and return to the original position once the immovable object has been passed, all without intervention from the operator.
- Keeping Operators in Mind. The Model HSP stationary hopper provides a safer, simpler dumping without the use of telescopic hydraulic cylinders. TYMCO’s innovative raker-assist dumping system guarantees a smooth discharge regardless of how tacky the debris being swept. The HSP suction transition design also allows for easier cleaning by disconnecting at chest height without the need to climb up or bend down to access.
- More Sweep Time. The Model HSP is designed for low maintenance. This allows the HSP to maintain your sweeping schedules, not remain in the shop for extensive routine maintenance required by other airport runway sweepers. The Model HSP is built with fewer moving parts which means less downtime and more sweep time.
- Easy Access to Components. The Model HSP is chassis mounted with easy access to all components. The ability to service the auxiliary engine and hydraulics without raising the hopper greatly reduces routine maintenance time.
- Easy to Upgrade. The TYMCO Engineering Department designs product improvements and options with emphasis on easy-to-install retrofit kits for existing Model HSP owners.
- Keeping it Simple. Simplicity has been part of the beauty of a Model HSP since day one. The TYMCO raker-assist dumping system provides smooth discharge of debris without requiring unnecessary telescopic hydraulic cylinders and additional components. And as always, there are zero grease points on the entire sweeper greatly reducing routine maintenance.
- Nuts and Bolts. The Model HSP patented pick-up head is designed to work effortlessly with the TYMCO Regenerative Air System to pick up a wide variety of airport runway debris from light trash to heavy sand, rocks and gravel. The HSP pick-up head can also remove tools and spare hardware such as nuts and bolts that might fall off of service trucks in the airport ramp or apron areas. Without the use of any brooms, the TYMCO pick-up head sweeps a wider path than other mechanical broom or vacuum airport runway sweepers.
- 100% Aluminum Alloy Blower. The Model HSP is the only airport runway sweeper that utilizes a super-efficient aluminum alloy blower that is self-cleaning and reduces fuel consumption because of its lightweight design requiring less horsepower. The blower is designed to work with the TYMCO Regenerative Air System to both push and pull air which delivers even greater sweeping performance. The Model HSP blower also has a natural rubber coating providing maximum wear against abrasive debris.
- Large Payload and Hopper. The Model HSP is built with a hopper capacity of over 7.3 cubic yards and ensures TYMCO owners a payload of over 10,000 lbs.
- The Cleanest Sweep. Airport runways, ramps and aprons swept with a TYMCO Regenerative Air Sweeper are cleaner. Concentrated high velocity air is forced into cracks and crevices removing fine dust particulates as well as larger FOD such as trash, gravel and hardware such as nuts and bolts.
If you are in Iowa or Nebraska, call your Friends at Mid-Iowa to arrange a Demonstration today and let us show you what a Tymco Regenerative Air Sweeper can do for you ! 1-800-733-8731 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org